Celebrate National Pest Management Month With Eight Great Pest Prevention Tips for Your Home
April is National Pest Management Month and Griffin Pest Solutions is joining fellow pest management professionals across the country in celebrating the valuable role the industry plays in protecting the public’s health, food supply and property from pests.
The dangers and annoyances pests bring to our everyday lives cannot be easily dismissed. The list of potential threats pest pose to property, food and people is very real. For example, did you know?
Rodents can spoil food with their droppings and urine, and their chewing on electrical wires is a leading cause of house fires.
Cockroaches contribute to asthma and allergies in children and adults.
Bed bugs invade hotel rooms, dormitories, office buildings, apartment building and homes.
Termites literally eat the wood – as much as a cup every two hours – in a structure without you ever hearing or seeing them.
That is why Griffin Pest Solutions’ highly-trained technicians work each and every day to help protect both our commercial and residential customers from these sometimes harmful but always annoying pests.
Spring marks a particularly busy time as pests emerge, looking for sources of food, water and shelter. And, sometimes the simplest home improvements can be all that’s needed to help ward off infestations. To assist homeowners in pest-proofing their home this spring, Griffin Pest Solutions offers the following
1. Eliminate sources of standing water around the house, including birdbaths and in clogged gutters to help reduce biting mosquito populations.
2. Seal any cracks on the outside of the home with a silicone-based caulk, including entry points for utilities and pipes.
3. Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around the foundation and windows.
4. Keep tree branches and shrubbery well-trimmed and away from the house. Overhanging branches can act as highways into the home.
5. Repair fascia and rotted roof shingles.
6. Keep mulch at least 15 inches from the foundation.
7. Keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
8. Store garbage in sealed containers and dispose of it regularly.
If you have a problem with or questions about household pests call or e-mail Griffin Pest Solutions at 888/547-4334 or callcenter@https://www.griffinpest.com/.
For more information on National Pest Management Month, visit http://www.pestworld.org/news-hub/press-releases/april-designated-as-national-pest-management-month/